Map MacBook's right command/option key to AltGr

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JonatanS, Jan 18, 2019.

1. JonatanS

JonatanS Bit poster

Hi!

I've installed Parallels on my new MacBook Pro, and managed to configure most of the keyboard as I want. I am a programmer, so it's pretty important that the bindings are similar to the ones I'm used to. Or at least efficient.

So far I managed to bind so that the option key is the windows key, and that the command key is the ALT key. The last piece of the puzzle would be to be able to bind the right option key to become AltGr, so that I can write characters like @ and \. Characters that I use quite a lot. I would also like to bind right Command key to be Print Screen.

I'm guessing this must be possible somehow, but how? Parallels Desktop Preferences -> Shortcuts - Windows 10 only allows me to make bindings to Shift, Ctrl, Option and Cmd, but it doesn't seem to be able to differ between left and right Option/Cmd.

Thanks in advance,

Jonatan

Edit: Now I actually managed to get AltGr going by removing my binding from Option key to Windows key. Then left Command key is Alt and right Option key is AltGr. That is how I wanted it. But then I don't have a binding to the Windows key instead (and still no binding for Print Screen). So that solution is still not perfect.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019