Map right alt key

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by JohanN1, Apr 24, 2017.

1. JohanN1

JohanN1 Bit Poster

I would really like if you could make a difference between the left and right Alt-keys when mapping keys. In Swedish keyboard layout you must use the right Alt-key to typ [] {} | \ and some other chars common in programming. I prefer the the OSX-way of doing them, but can't map them in Parallels because it sends a left Alt-key instead of right.

2. HenrikN

HenrikN Bit Poster

Hi
    I have same issue on a danish keyboard layout. My preference is the Windows keyboard layout. You may be able to map the macOS alt key to the Windows AltGr key. That setup allowed me to type the @|{}[]\ keys at all! But then again I'd rather use the Windows layout (motor memory?).

3. David32

David32 Bit Poster

Also the right command key.

4. TimmyL1

TimmyL1 Bit Poster

This was really annoying, but I've found a functional fix for this.
    From your VM preferences (CMD+,), go to Shortcuts and then select your virtual machine. From there you can add new shortcut mappings. Simply click on the plus-sign and in 'From:', type 8 and click-select Shift and Alt. Similarly in 'To:', type 8 and click-select Shitft, Ctrl and Alt.

Screen Shot - Map Curly Brackets.png