Mavericks 10.9 not sleeping properly with Parallels Win7 VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BrianMacD, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Dunny58

Dunny58 Bit poster

I have the exact same problem, it happened around 2 months ago, very frustrating indeed !!
    Lid down and no sleep !

2. VarunMalhotra

VarunMalhotra Bit poster

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? It is mind boggling that a company of Parallel's stature cannot fix this issue.

Parallels Team - Solutions yet???!!!

3. MickeyK

MickeyK Bit poster

2013-2014, I had ever used PD9 + Win7 and suffered the same problem quite a few times, but not every times while I close the lid for my MBP 13" SSD version. Now I am on PD10 and have not met this issue again, that is why "they" urged me very kindly to upgrade (i.e. with some $$$ paid) every week by email notice for more than 3 moths. The new problem is that I got lost my fast recovery capability while MBP was leaving the sleep mode, now I must spend 10 times recovery time period than I was on PD9. Guesstimated is that "someone or PD10" must be mixing up the definitions of sleep mode vis-a-vis suspension mode for SSD users. Be bold, hope I can be awaiting that the PD11 shall fix it ASAP by next year or so then.