Mavericks and Win 8.1 crash using PowerPoint 2013 'save as' in Coherence mode

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MartinDean, Jan 19, 2014.

1. MartinDean

MartinDean Bit poster

In coherence mode, running PPT 2013. Any attempt to "SAVE AS' and select a new file type (was attempting to save a PDF), results in instant dump of all programmes (both OS) and instant return to the Mac login screen. So, effectively this is a restart in a nano-second!

This does not happen in standard mode (i.e. if coherence is switched off).

Has anyone else seen this problem? It is very frustrating, especially if you have Mac Apps running as well - everything gets lost!

2. dmclimbr

dmclimbr Bit poster

This is the same issue I am having. It has not happened before today. I open a template file, then try to save the template file as a powerpoint presentation (.pptx) and it forces a system reboot. The first time it happened it froze my computer. Now every time it logs me out and dumps everything.

3. gresmi

gresmi Bit poster

Same issue here

Exaclt the same issue here, except the guest OS is Windows 7 with Office 2010. The problem also occurs in Coherance

4. PieterJ

PieterJ Bit poster

+1
    I experience the same issue.

5. g-man!

g-man! Bit poster

+1

Same here with Windows 7. Parallels 9 with Coherence Mode==crashes with Office and other Windows programs. Parallels 9 without Coherence==stable.

6. BoilermakerU

BoilermakerU Member

Same here! And to add to my issue, after the crash, the Outlook plugin for Lync was gone, so I lost that functionality as well.

Parallels moderators, please don't just copy and paste your patented "un-install and re-install" response. I have done that DOZENS of times on PD9 alone (and dozens more on PD8). Please SOLVE the issue, and put out a fix!