MBP Unable USB Failure Following 10.4.10 Update

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by toneburst, Jul 13, 2007.

1. toneburst

toneburst Bit poster

Hi,

I'm unable to use any USB devices or CDs in Parellels Build 3186 following an update of the host OS to OS X 10.4.10. I've had the same thing happen on 2 dfferent 1st-generation MacBook Pros. I get the error message:

"USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another application. Close that application or unplug the device and plug it again. Then try to connect the device again."

My guest OS is Windows XP SP2, running from a BootCamp partition. If I restart into XP via BootCamp, I'm able to use USB devices.

Any workaround for this?

alx

2. neilford

neilford Junior Member

Use build 3214. It fixes this problem.

neilford

3. swarf_rat

swarf_rat Member

AH! If only that were true....

I *have* been able to use build 3214 by turning off "Automatically Connect" and religiously manually disconnecting the USB device before any shut down, hybernate, or sleep.

3214 and 10.4.10 seem quite fragile, compared to 10.4.9 and any other build.

4. neilford

neilford Junior Member

To be truthful, I have not been rigorous about testing this. The procedures you mention, is what I do all the time. I always disconnect my usb drive before turning it off or putting it to sleep.

neilford

5. bboy

bboy Bit poster

Same problem with 10.4.10 and Parallels 3.0. I can't tell if its parallels or the 10.4.10 now.

I get the same error message.