Memory Allocation Issue

TrevorRu

Bit poster
I just updated to Parallels for Mac Build 5626.
I was previously running 752MB of memory allocated to the Guest OS.
I have a MacBook Pro with 4GB of total memory.
In the Configuration Editor, I am now no longer able to set the allocation above 652MB. It says `Recommended size from 512MB to 652MB.`
If I try to set it at 752MB I get the following message:
`The memory size specified (752 MB) exceeds the recommended maximum of 652 MB. You must reduce the memory size otherwise you will not be able to start the virtual machine.`

Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Trevor
 
me too

I started having this issue also. The error message made no sense. The recommended setting is 128-1236 MB. I have it set at 1212MB. The message states "allocating less than 128 MB or more than 0 MB of memory to a VM may significantly decrease its performance". How does one allocate less than zero anyway?? I am working with Tech Support with an open ticket since nothing suggested to fix my VM upgrade has worked.
 
Back
Top