Memory configuration WIN7 Problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by sugus, Aug 14, 2015.

1. sugus

sugus Junior Member

Hello to all

I have:

PowerBook Pro
    OS 10.10.4
    Parallels Desktop V 10.2.2

Problem:

The Disk Memory is nearly empty. But I'm confused about the settings. Have a closer look at the attaches file. Perhaps I have a understanding problem.....

How to solve???
    Problem.JPG

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi sugus,
    You can increase the Virtual hard disk space to fix the issue. please refer this article
    We strongly recommend that you check your virtual machine's hard disk for errors and back up your virtual machine before following the steps below.

Note: This article does not apply to Boot Camp virtual machines, where the primary partition size cannot be increased.

3. sugus

sugus Junior Member

Hi Paul

I know this article. But it don't help me a lot. Why?

In WIN7 I have allready an full (virtual) disk, approx 99.9GB of 100GB (BTW where ist 100GB Limit defined???). See picture 1
    [​IMG]

In picture 2 in configurations the space is 700(!!) GB defined. So what I don't understand is, thr relationship between the 100GB and 700GB

[​IMG]

4. @sugus, please try steps below:

1. Open the Terminal application (Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal)
    2. On the terminal window please type the following command:

prl_disk_tool resize --hdd [Name.hdd] --size 192G --resize_partition

Instead of the [Name.hdd] please drag and drop the .hdd file from the Virtual machine .pvm bundle to the Terminal window.
    Please check the example of the Terminal output below:

Please let us know the results.

5. sugus

sugus Junior Member

Hmmm. here the TERMINAL ANSWER....

objc[3738]: Class DeallocHook is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/5/libprl_sdk.5.dylib and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_disk_tool. One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    The disk could not be resized because there is no enough free space on the last volume.

6. sugus

sugus Junior Member

What means:

objc[3738]: Class DeallocHook is implemented in both

/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/5/libprl_sdk.5.dylib

and

/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_disk_tool.

One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined. The disk could not be resized because there is no enough free space on the last volume.

Enough space where? On the Mac side or WIN7???

Dan

7. sugus

sugus Junior Member

No help?? Thats sad!

8. sugus

sugus Junior Member

I find out myself a very simply soluton.....

Dan