skimitchell
Bit poster
I loaded windows Vista onto my iMac and in the setup process chose for my mac to be the dominant machine as i do just about all my work on it.
By doing this Windows has only been allocated 512MB RAM. How do i go about changing this to 2gig. I have 4 gig of ram so wanted to split it 50/50.
I can only seem to access the side panel on parallel when its running and the memory option says to stop parallels to make the change. So i hit stop and it logs out of windows. . . ?
Also wondering if i allocate 2gig or RAM to windows, does this make OS X run slower only if im using Windows or is this 2Gig RAM always allocated to the Virtual drive?
Hope someone can shed some light..
Tks in advance.
J
By doing this Windows has only been allocated 512MB RAM. How do i go about changing this to 2gig. I have 4 gig of ram so wanted to split it 50/50.
I can only seem to access the side panel on parallel when its running and the memory option says to stop parallels to make the change. So i hit stop and it logs out of windows. . . ?
Also wondering if i allocate 2gig or RAM to windows, does this make OS X run slower only if im using Windows or is this 2Gig RAM always allocated to the Virtual drive?
Hope someone can shed some light..
Tks in advance.
J