Microsoft Teams Optimization

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server Feature Suggestions' started by JulianMoo, Oct 3, 2020.

1. JulianMoo

JulianMoo Bit Poster

With Citrix Virtual App and Desktop or WVD it is possible to optimize/offload the Microsoft Teams stream the local endpoint. That guarantees the best possible user experience. As far I know there is no optimization planned from MS for traditional on-premises deployments (VDI/RDSH). I can see a lot of my clients moving to Teams due COVID-19 and it would be nice if Parallels could build something to enhance the Teams experience. I think a lot of other Parallels customers could profit from this as well.

2. TobiasS8

TobiasS8

I fully agree with you, unfortunately my attempts with Parallels RAS and Teams were rather counterproductive. The rendering of the video streams over the RDP channel caused too much load on the rdsh servers, with remote fx I could serve 2 simultaneous sessions, but then the audio quality deteriorated. The only possibility would be like Citrix does it with the rendering of the stream on the client direct. We should raise up a parallels ras feature request and asking for best practice with microsoft teams.