Microsoft Window XP.pvs seems to be not a valid PVM configuration file

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PatrickT, Dec 29, 2009.

1. PatrickT

PatrickT Bit poster

I got a Macbook Pro3.1Intel Core 2 Duo with Mac OS X Version 10.4.11. I also has Parallel Desktop with Window XP. I can't tell you which version of Parallel Desktop I am running as it keeps on shutting down each time I click OK to an error message on Startup. However, I know I am using Parapple Explorer 4560. I have been using this ever since I bought this Macbook Pro almost 2.5 years ago (I think). I never have any problem starting up and I have not performed any upgrade since I first installed.

But while I was using iPhoto the other day, Mac OS complains that i am running out of space and whether I would clean up temporary files (I think) and I said "yes" to it. Ever since that my Parallel Desktop will not startup anymore, it display this message:

File /users/patricktang/Documents/Parallesl/Microsfot Windows XP/Microsoft Windows XP.pvs seems to be not a valid Parallels virtual machine configuration file!

I still can use Paralles Explorer to see the VM but it is listed as Unittled Virtual Machine and if I select Virtual Disks, I still can see winxp and subsequently Volume (1) NTFS and all the other files as you would have expected when you drill down one more level.

What went wrong? How do I fix this? Please be kind as I am not verse in the use of MacOS and please don't ask when I have a MacBook instead of Window.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks in advance.

2. LubashaH

LubashaH Bit poster

same with me!! if you found out, please let me know!