MIDI Virtual Interface or Bridge 4 Mac & Win.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Trance, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Trance

Trance Bit poster

ok, I've a mac device sending mac midi and a window device searching 4 windows midi. The 2 aren't meeting. HOW DO I MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND ONE ANOTHER?
    : )

Trance

2. sallybode

sallybode Bit poster

MIDI is MIDI -- it is the interface that is different

I have Windows and Cakewalk on the VM and Garage Band of course with OS X. The USB MIDI interface doesn't work for recording in Garage Band and the one which works with Garage Band, M-Audio, isn't recognized as an input controller in Cakewalk.

I can share MIDI files between the two systems via the Shared Folder. If you haven't set that up, the instructions are really clear as to how to do it in the Parallels help files.

3. AddleJones1

AddleJones1 Bit poster

Does MIDI really work in Parallels?

I have Parallels 2. Last year I tried to get Cakewalk Sonar working but was unsuccessful. Among other things, I couldn't get my MIDI interface recognized.

Is that problem solved now? If I get Parallels 3.0 will I be able to run Cakewalk Sonar
    under OSX?

4. DJ-GROBE

DJ-GROBE Member

We Need Midi On Parallels !!

5. Trance

Trance Bit poster

ok, I understand the first part with the MIDI, been trying to understand how to create a shared folder. Still having trouble with that. The folder shows it's there however nothing happening? Any ideas?
    Thanks