I installed Parallels 6 on a 2007 MacBook Pro (2007) and am unable to access a network (or the internet). the installation was done as follows:
1. Installed Parallels 6 (downloaded the trial version);
2. Created a virtual machine I named Windows XP;
3. Installed Windows XP;
4. Installed Windows 7 Home Premium;
5. After installation was complete I tried to access the internet and received a message that there is no network adapter;
6. Checking the Windows device manager, I see 3 yellow triangles for ethernet, etc.
7. I renamed the virtual machine "Windows 7" and restarted the VM;
8. I continue to receive the same error message;
9. I am unable to get any support from Parallels as I don't have a valid activation code (I guess trial versions don't come with any support);
10. Hard to know whether to buy the full version of this product if I can't get the network adapter installed and cant get support because I haven't bought it yet.
Can anyone provide a step by step solution to this problem?
Thanks,
J
1. Installed Parallels 6 (downloaded the trial version);
2. Created a virtual machine I named Windows XP;
3. Installed Windows XP;
4. Installed Windows 7 Home Premium;
5. After installation was complete I tried to access the internet and received a message that there is no network adapter;
6. Checking the Windows device manager, I see 3 yellow triangles for ethernet, etc.
7. I renamed the virtual machine "Windows 7" and restarted the VM;
8. I continue to receive the same error message;
9. I am unable to get any support from Parallels as I don't have a valid activation code (I guess trial versions don't come with any support);
10. Hard to know whether to buy the full version of this product if I can't get the network adapter installed and cant get support because I haven't bought it yet.
Can anyone provide a step by step solution to this problem?
Thanks,
J