Modifier keys such as shift react even when Parallels is not in foreground

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AndrewA, Oct 13, 2009.

1. AndrewA

AndrewA Bit poster

I often have a problem with Parallels in Coherence mode involving modifier keys such as the Shift key. Basically, Parallels will react to the modifier keys even though it shouldn't. For example, as I type in a mac application, the windows StickyKeys panel will pop up asking if I want StickyKeys on. It does this after I've hit the Shift key 5 times trying to capitalize a word in the mac application. I believe the problem is that Parallels in coherence mode should only react to modifier keys when a Windows application is in the foreground, but in some cases, it reacts even when a mac application is in the foreground. Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

One thought I have is that this could be related to a warning or other modal panel being up but hidden in the Windows desktop; therefore not displayed in Coherence but grabbing keystrokes. I haven't been able to systematically reproduce the problem but it seems to occur most often after bringing the Windows virtual machine back from being suspended.