Mojave Host with High Sierra Guest - can the latter still run 32-bit apps?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Bob12, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Bob12

Bob12 Junior Member

I'm running Parallels for Mac V14.1, and before I update to Mojave I'd like to have an option in place for running 32-bit apps.
    I am posting this for confirm that a High Sierra Guest under a Mojave host will still be able to run such apps. Some browsing on these forums give one instance with a positive outcome. Do others out there have experience with this circumstance?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Bob12 , are you trying to install mac Os High Sierra as a virtual machine keeping Mojave as Host?

3. Bob12

Bob12 Junior Member

I neglected follow-up on this question - I am still interested in knowing if a High Sierra Guest under a Mojave host will be able to run 32-bit apps.

4. Bob12

Bob12 Junior Member

Yes - there are a couple of 32 bit apps that I would like to continue to use once I take the plunge and move my Mac over to Mojave.
    I was thinking I would set up a High Sierra virtual machine, that I would then run under Mojave, to run these 32 bit apps.
    Will this work? Or will the 64 bit rule reach through to the High Sierra virtual machine?
    Thanks,
    - Bob

5. Bob12

Bob12 Junior Member

Is there a real answer here? The one-word reply doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

MasoudG1 and MoeinZ like this.
  6. Bob12

Bob12 Junior Member

Yes - there are a couple of 32 bit apps that I would like to continue to use once I take the plunge and move my Mac over to Mojave.
    I was thinking I would set up a High Sierra virtual machine, that I would then run under Mojave, to run these 32 bit apps.
    Will this work? Or will the 64 bit rule reach through to the High Sierra virtual machine?
    Thanks,
    - Bob

MasoudG1 likes this.
  7. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Problem solver

@Bob12 your VM will be the same as it be when you installed it. So apps inside your VM will be the same too.
    You can update your MacOS, then start Parallels Desktop vm and use it as usual.
    Plz let us know if it's not that case.

MasoudG1 likes this.
  8. Bob12

Bob12 Junior Member

Thanks. That's what I wanted to know, from a source I deem trustworthy.

atieamnsepid and MasoudG1 like this.