More Cpu power to VM (only 15/100% of all cpu power)

Primoz1

Bit poster
Hello,

i´ve a big Problem with my parallels 11. I´m using Parallels with Windows 7 for running AutoCAD program. The Issue I´ve got is that my VM is running only on 15% of all CPU power on my Mac. If I go to the Activity Monitor, it´s showing, that the Process Windows 7 is running on 105% of the CPU. But if I look under the CPU Load (Activity Monitor) it´s only showing about 14% of all CPU power.

Has any of you any Idea, how to give Windows 7 more CPU power. I have an mid 2013 iMac 4core i7 3,5GHz. I´ve tried to set up under the Windows 7 options - Optimization (Faster virtual machine and better performance). Enable Adaptive Hypervisor and Tune Windows for speed are also checked. I´ve also set under Hardware - CPU&Memory the processors Number from 4 to 8 but it didnt made any changes.

Any Idea?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 18.20.43.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-26 at 18.20.43.png
    460.4 KB · Views: 1
Hello,

i´ve a big Problem with my parallels 11. I´m using Parallels with Windows 7 for running AutoCAD program. The Issue I´ve got is that my VM is running only on 15% of all CPU power on my Mac. If I go to the Activity Monitor, it´s showing, that the Process Windows 7 is running on 105% of the CPU. But if I look under the CPU Load (Activity Monitor) it´s only showing about 14% of all CPU power.

Has any of you any Idea, how to give Windows 7 more CPU power. I have an mid 2013 iMac 4core i7 3,5GHz. I´ve tried to set up under the Windows 7 options - Optimization (Faster virtual machine and better performance). Enable Adaptive Hypervisor and Tune Windows for speed are also checked. I´ve also set under Hardware - CPU&Memory the processors Number from 4 to 8 but it didnt made any changes.

Any Idea?
Thanks and sorry for my bad English
Hi @Primoz1, to improve performance follow the steps then if the issue persists, please follow and check how it works.
 
I found out, what´s the problem.
The problem is, that AutoCAD uses only one core for drawing. So that´s why I only get the full power of one core.
Thanks anyway for helping.
 
Back
Top