Mouse Click and Drag Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TimH2, Dec 29, 2022.

1. TimH2

TimH2 Junior Member

Clicking and dragging in windows seems to be somewhat broken. Many times, it seems to select what I'm trying to grab. However, when I drag, it seems to be dropping the click and re-clicking without the button ever coming up. I've been using this VM and this keyboard/mouse setup for quite a while now. I actually have two separate setups, both logitech keyboards and mice (though different models). The issue is present on both. This seems to be an issue with the latest parallels release, Version 18.1.1 (53328). My current version of Mac OS is 12.4. I plan to upgrade to 13 soon.

Things I've tried:
    Completely uninstalled and reinstalled latest Logitech app in Mac OS
    Reinstalled parallels tools in the guest OS after every change

Any ideas of other things I could try? Or is this a known issue?

2. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello @TimH2, Please collect an additional technical report 'https://kb.parallels.com/9058 ' (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply to this. So that we can check the reports.

3. IraC

IraC Bit poster

I am having a similar issue with clicking and dragging. Has this been resolved? In addition to the click and drag issue, the click speed is inconsistent. Sometimes a single click will register as a double click. But other times when I double click, it will not perform as expected.