mouse cursor blinking

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by MafiaW, Aug 3, 2012.

1. MafiaW

MafiaW Bit poster

Mac OS: Mountain Lion
    Hardware: Retina Macbook Pro
    Guest: Windows 7 Pro SP1

Mode: Coherence mode

only 2 applications running in Win7: Outlook 2010, Windows Live Messenger 2011.
    same Parallels desktop was running OK in Lion 10.7.4.

Problem:
    1. When mouse clicks Outlook window, the cursor keeps blinking, no matter the cursor is on the window edge, or inside the window. Same thing happens in Windows Live Messenger.
    2. VERY difficult to go back to Mac window. Each time when I use the mouse to click an Outlook window, then go back to click a Google Chrome(Mac) or Safari window, the menu bar title still shows "Microsoft Outlook". So I have to click the desktop, until the menu bar shows "Finder", then I can do whatever I want in Mac applications.
    3.I tried completely uninstalling Parallels Tools, restart, re-install, restart Win7. but still the same problem.

4. don;t know if I need to fully uninstall Parallels Desktop in my Mountain Lion.

Please help!

2. hgerry

hgerry Junior Member

I'm seeing the same thing. However, I think it is only occurring if my Parallels windows are in a desktop other than desktop 1 (e.g. move them to desktop 2, 3 or 4). I moved my Windows apps to run in Desktop 1 on Mountain Lion and now the blinking is gone.

Gerry

3. MafiaW

MafiaW Bit poster

mine's in desktop2. still no use.
    thanks for your help anyway.

Attached Files:

4. hgerry

hgerry Junior Member

Try moving your stuff to desktop 1 (ONE) and then see if it stops. That is what works for me.

Gerry

5. tnlandsailort

tnlandsailort Bit poster

Best superzoom and bridge cameras

Sometimes you don't want to lug around a DSLR and an assortment of lenses - you want one camera and one lens that does it all.
    This means a feature set that cherry picks the 1080p 16mp 3 inch
    that a typical DSLR has to offer, including manual control and preferably the ability to shoot in raw format as well as JPEG, along with a lens that offers a very broad focal range, so it won't matter that it can't be swapped.
    Enter the superzoom camera, also known as an ultra zoom or bridge camera - so called because it bridges the gap between a point and shoot compact and an all bells and whistles DSLR, in terms of handling and feature set, at least.

6. 360shoess

360shoess Bit poster

fasfsfs

I moved my Windows apps to run in Desktop 1 on Mountain Lion and now the blinking is gone.www.taobaobags.org

7. Taurus

Taurus Bit poster

Thank you 360shoess

I just moved my parallels to Space 1, mouse blinking has vanished , god sent solution, this has saved me to upgrade to PD8 is which this problem is not existing.

Paralles tech support are you listening!!!!!