Mouse issue on MMO like World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Rocket1, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Rocket1

Rocket1 Bit poster

Hi,
    i have buy a licence for play older MMO. All seem to be ok. But when i try to use my mouse on the game (except menus). She loop around my. And i can't see anything.

I'm seeing it's a know issue ? But i haven't found anything for make it usable. Any idea ?
    i'm on mac mini m1 with wireless mouse. (same result with usb mouse).
    Thanks by Advance

2. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Don't have a solution for you (but would love to hear any). I started playing Grim Dawn through Steam on my Windows 11 VM again and the mouse - while it won't "loop around" - will act erratically. When I put it over certain things in the various menus or more often when I open the character's inventory, it won't act the way it's supposed to. Like bringing up the description of the item. Also difficult at times picking up loot in the game itself.

3. AntonK9

AntonK9 Bit poster

I confirm too, that most games and WoW itself not playable in 17 version because mouse issue. With "optimize for games" cursor is "lagging" and not accurate, without - all clicks results in camera crazy loop.

4. SteveyE

SteveyE Bit poster

The only solution I have found so far to these cursor issues is to play around with the 'smart mouse' feature, optimise, or detect mouse, or don't optimise, for World of Warcraft, you can select the Hardware Cursor to 'off' and it solves the issue. With other games you would need to experiment.

5. SteveyE

SteveyE Bit poster

I found a solution!!! After many hours, what worked for me for the Look around problem in 3D Games was:
    1. Shut Down virtual machine.

2. Open Virtual Machine configuration.

3. Go to Hardware > Boot Order > and paste in Boot Flags box:

video.hw_pointer=0
    Note: The above solution will work fine when using a virtual machine for simple tasks such as document processing, but heavier usage (like games or 3D software) may work unreliably.

This worked for me on the "Auto detect for games" setting in the configuration of parallels. The look-around left click would spin, with this code, it is normal.
    I hope this can help someone who has this issue.

Enjoy!

AntonK9 likes this.
  6. AntonK9

AntonK9 Bit poster

Thank you, looks like it became really better with this flag!