Mouse Issue with Game

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by Michael Padilla, May 3, 2009.

1. Michael Padilla

Michael Padilla Bit poster

I recently installed Parallels 4 on my Mac Pro and its been working fine - mouse and all. Soon after, I installed UFO: Extraterrestrials (a 2 year old game). The installation went smooth, but when I went to play the game, the mouse was skipping around the screen and it would not allow me to click any of the menu buttons.

After reading up on forums about possible mouse issues in Parallels, I did some thing where I disabled some ports and then the mouse worked. However, wherever I moved the mouse, it put a long horizontal line across the entire screen. I tried to play with it, but it just started giving me a headache seeing the long black line everywhere I moved the mouse.

I setup 256mb video and also set the ram to 1gig which also did nothing. I then reinstalled Parallels and UFO: Extraterrestrials but the original problem with the mouse jumping around and not clicking the buttons happened again.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

2. GregFletcher

GregFletcher Bit poster

Im having the same issue in many games. Please help!

3. GregFletcher

GregFletcher Bit poster

This is happening to me as well. Please someone help! The mouse cursor/horizontal line problem is making me crazy.

4. MithunB

MithunB Bit poster

I think you have some problem in the mouse port.Reinstall the game and eject the mouse port and connect it again.you may also try to check the VGA card and improve your RAM capacity.Hope it will help