Mouse Issues in Windows VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by O-Robhartach, Sep 16, 2022.

1. O-Robhartach

O-Robhartach Junior Member

I am running Parallels Desktop 18 for Mac (Pro Edition, 18.0.2 53077) on a MacBook Pro 16" 2019. MacBook is running Monterey 12.6.
    I run two different VM's - Ubuntu and Windows 10. Both Ubuntu and Windows 10 have all updates installed.

The mouse in the Windows VM needs to be set to "optimize for games" in order to work.
    • If not set to "optimize for games" I get a double arrow that will sometimes not move to the edge of the VM window and I need to reboot my Windows VM. The Ubuntu VM does not get the double arrow.
    • If set to "optimize for games" in the Windows VM the double arrow no longer appears and the mouse functions as expected. However, if I want to move out of the Windows VM back to my Mac desktop I need to release the mouse with a keystroke combination (Control + Option on Mac keyboard). Not really an ultra critical issue, it is just very annoying, especially when I frequently need to switch between the Windows VM and the Mac.
    Are there settings in either the Parallels Control Center or Windows 10 that will fix this issue?
    Mike