Mouse/keyboard issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by erik, Apr 25, 2006.

1. erik

erik Bit poster

I am using Parallels in full screen mode together with Virtue to switch between the XP desktop and OS X. I use Alt+Tab to switch desktops in Virtue but this seem to cause Parallels and XP to behave a bit odd:

1. Left (single) clicks on objects in Windows produces a property dialog for the object. Right-clicking still gives a context menu.

2. The keyboard stops accepting normal input.

Switching Parallels to windowed mode with Alt+Enter or Ctrl+Alt and back restores the correct behaviour. Also, any use of Ctrl+Alt with another key (emulating AltGr in windows) also results in normal operation but without changing from full screen making Alt+Enter and Ctrl+Alt the common denominators for this particular problem.

I admit this also could be some kind of feature in XP still unknown to me that I have managed to activate by using Alt+Tab if it's not a plain bug.

Another slightly annoying mouse related thing is that OS X will intercept Ctrl+Left click and emulate a right click for me which effectively prevents me from making random multiple selections in Windows.

Still, Parallels seem to be coming along very well. Keep up the good work!