Mouse not working after initial install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by davosian, Jun 9, 2007.

1. davosian

davosian Bit poster

When installing Parallels v3 on an existing Vista Boot Camp partition, the first time I booted Vista from within Parallels the mouse did not work (before installing the Parallels tools). Using the keyboard I logged into Vista and rebooted which also loaded the mouse driver successfully this time. I then installed the Parallels tools and never had the problem again.

2. bktennis2006

bktennis2006 Bit poster

How do you log into Windows in Parallels desktop with the keyboard only? I have Windows XP SP2 running in Parallels and I cannot get my mouse to work so I can log into Windows XP. Any ideas? Thanks

3. davosian

davosian Bit poster

It depends on how your Windows XP login screen looks like. I assume you see a little picture next to your username and are supposed to click on it? In this case try using the tab key (it's the one all the way to the left on your keyboard showing arrows with a bar in both sides) to select your username. Then hit Enter to select it. You should now be prompted for your password. Type it and hit Enter again -> you should be logged in now.

To log out again, use the Windows key on your keyboard to bring up the start menu. Then use the arrow keys to find the shutdown command. Alternatively you can use Ctrl-Alt-Delete and use the tab key to select "Shutdown".

Hope this helps,
    Dennis