Issue 1: Moving the VM (5.0.9310)
I want to move the VM off of my boot drive (from users/shared/parallels/virtual machines) to a different disk (a software RAID1 pair) to free up space on the boot drive and move it to a better/faster drive.
I copied all files to the new location and then changed the default folder in Parallels preferences and started the VM, all appeared to work fine. Until I renamed the Parallels folder in the original location. Then Parallels refused to start. Once I changed the name back, parallels will start again.
What do I need to do to be able to remove the original files.
Issue 2:
I have legacy files from Parallels 3 and 4 floating around on my machine. Can I delete the old winxp.hdd and the .pvs files without fear of problems? It appears that the .pvm VM is the one to retain.
I want to move the VM off of my boot drive (from users/shared/parallels/virtual machines) to a different disk (a software RAID1 pair) to free up space on the boot drive and move it to a better/faster drive.
I copied all files to the new location and then changed the default folder in Parallels preferences and started the VM, all appeared to work fine. Until I renamed the Parallels folder in the original location. Then Parallels refused to start. Once I changed the name back, parallels will start again.
What do I need to do to be able to remove the original files.
Issue 2:
I have legacy files from Parallels 3 and 4 floating around on my machine. Can I delete the old winxp.hdd and the .pvs files without fear of problems? It appears that the .pvm VM is the one to retain.