Move Parallels Desktop 10 on new Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Julia3, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Julia3

Julia3 Bit poster

Hello,
    I have a new Mac and would like to move the license from my old mac. Unfortunately I could not deactivate the license on my old mac. Could you please remove my existing Mac license key so that I can active Parallels Desktop 10 on my new mac?. When I try to activate on my new mac it says:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please upgrade to a new product license".

Thank you!

2. Hello,
    We've reset your Parallels Desktop 10 license key, please restart your Mac and Parallels Desktop and check the issue.
    Let us know how does it work.

3. MartinR15

MartinR15 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have exactly the same issue. I cannot use the old Mac to deactivate. So can you do this for me, please?

4. Hi, we've just reset the key for you. Please check the issue.

5. MarkusB13

MarkusB13 Bit poster

Hello.

I have the same problem, but with my Parallels Desktop 13 Version. On my iMac I have deactivate the licence, but on my new Mac the error comes.
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-13 um 13.54.29.png
    Can you help me?

6. Hello, we've made some changes, please try to activate your license on your new Mac.

7. ThomasS32

ThomasS32 Bit poster

Hello, can you deactivate my license for Parallels Desktop 10 so I can move it to my new computer?
    Thank you!

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Sierra or newer macOS X versions.

9. ThomasS32

ThomasS32 Bit poster

Thanks for your help! I'm on Catalina and Parallels Desktop 10 seems to be working - although it's veeeerrrrry slow. Is that because of an incompatibility with Catalina, or is there a way to remedy this?

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, it is due to the incompatibility. You have to upgrade Parallels Desktop to the latest version.

11. FabriceA2

FabriceA2 Bit poster

Hello,

Hello, I can use my old mac for deactivating my license. Can you deactivate it for me so I can move it to my new computer?
    Thank you!

12. Hello, we've made some changes with your key, please check the issue and let us know the results

13. DanB11

DanB11 Bit poster

Hello Parallels Team,
    I have the same issue. My MacBook died and I cannot boot it to deactivate my license. Can you deactivate my license please?
    Thank you!

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Sierra or newer macOS X versions.

15. RaymundoH

RaymundoH Bit poster

Hello Parallels Team,
    I am moving my parallels license to a new mac but I cannot find the complete key for my license. I have ran this command on my old mac:
    prlsrvctl info --license

I'm only able to view partial key info and have verified the key doesn't expire until Sept 2021. I was given the key by my employer but it was not associated with my parallels account. Please help export my key info so that I can register on my new mac.

Thank you,
    Ray

16. Hello, Could you provide us with your license please?

17. Bamboo

Bamboo Bit poster

Hi Parallel team.
    I met the same problem. Can you deactivate my license for Parallels Desktop 10 so I can move it to my new computer?
    Thank you!

18. Hello, we've made some changes with your key, please check the issue.