Moving files from this virtual machine to another...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by rocket, Nov 4, 2008.

1. rocket

rocket Bit poster

Okay, excuse myself for not being able to get all the terms right (if any) since I'm new to the whole idea of Parallels Desktop... I'm running Mac OSX Leopard and Windows Vista SP1 using Parallels Desktop 3. My current version of Vista is Ultimate. Just now, my friend told me that he had a better, "lite" version of Vista Ultimate, fully-function like the "full" one. I would like to ask if there is any way I can move all my stuff (softwares, mostly...) from the "old" Vista to the "new" Vista? Thanks in advance, guys:)

2. DaTa

DaTa Hunter

Hi,

You can easily move whole files (documents etc) from one virtual machine to another.
    But there is no chance to move the applications - you will have to reinstall them again in your new machine.
    It is not a Parallels Desktop limitation - that is how Windows itself works.

3. rocket

rocket Bit poster

Thanks for answering^^. Any idea how to do it though?

4. Jigs Gaton

Jigs Gaton Product Expert

What is Windows Easy Transfer?
    Windows Easy Transfer guides you through the process of transferring files and settings from one Windows computer to another. Using Windows Easy Transfer, you can choose what to transfer to your new computer and how to transfer it.

Just click start, type in Windows Easy Transfer in the search box on the bottom, and off u go! the help will help too,
    coocoo