msMoney With Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RichardT26, Oct 21, 2022.

1. RichardT26

RichardT26 Bit poster

Hi
    Using a M1 14" Mac Book Pro with Parallels 18 and Window 11 and I have installed msMoney.
    The program opens Ok and I can open my money file. It then normally lets me open an account in the file but then I get the blue circle.
    I know MsMoney is a very old applications but it does suit my needs and I know it works on my PC under Windows 10.
    Any suggestion tweak that I could try to get Money working on my Mac would be appreciated.

2. RichardT26

RichardT26 Bit poster

Thanks, it looks like the MS money data file is too big for parallels to handle.
    I can open msMoney ok and start & save a new data file ok but it can't manage my working data file which is 36,352KB.

3. RichardT26

RichardT26 Bit poster

Looks as if Ive sorted it, found a "newer" version of Msmoney (2005) and this seems to work after it updated my old money file.

4. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

So long as there aren't any security issues (shouldn't be if it's an offline app), then that should do you for a bit then.

Side note: Kinda peeved that something flagged my account and poofed those initial replies (making it look like you're talking to yourself).