Multiple issues after update to Big Sur - multiscreen and keyboard layout

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by BenjaminM6, Feb 2, 2021.

1. BenjaminM6

BenjaminM6 Bit poster

I'm on an iMac (with Japanese keyboard and a second monitor) remoting in to the Win 10 desktop at my company (also set for Japanese keyboard layout).
    I used Parallels Client for two years with this setup, and everything worked well until I updated the Mac to Big Sur.

Now no matter what keyboard layout I select on either the Mac or Windows side, Parallels Client sends US layout to the remote desktop (Shift-2, for example, is @ rather than " ).
    And now Parallels Client also won't show the external monitor, even though I still have "span desktops across all monitors" checked. MRD uses both monitors with no issues, so this is definitely a Parallels issue.

Are there any solutions known to these issues?

大森直人 likes this.
  2. BenjaminM6

BenjaminM6 Bit poster

The last update (18.0.22496) appears to have fixed the multi-monitor issue, but the keyboard layout is still incorrectly identified.
    Does anyone know a way to fix this?

3. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

Hi Benjamin,
    we have identified your issue as a bug and it will be fixed in the next client update.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. BenjaminM6

BenjaminM6 Bit poster

Thank you! I look forward to hearing about progress.

5. EloiB

EloiB Bit poster

I have the same problem. Sometimes the keys are correct, but sometimes the keys received on the server do not correspond to any layout selected on my computer.
    As an example, to type * I have to press Shift+3...
    Do we have a timeline, when the next client update will be available?