Multiple NFTS Partitions

Jonathan Kamler

Bit poster
I want to get my second NTFS partition recognized by Parallels.

I have a single physical drive, with 3 volume partitions:

disk0s2, disk0s3, & disk0s4

My $diskutil output is attached as a JPEG.

disk0s4 is my BOOTCAMP partition
disk0s3 is a second NTFS partition

disk0s3 mounts as d: in BOOTCAMP (with Windows XP Pro SP2)

It works great in BOOTCAMP. I am running Leopard 10.5.6

When I run Parallels Desktop 4.0 (build 4.0.3810), it does not recognize disk0s4. It says that it is "RAW" (not formatted). I DO NOT want to mount it as a "Shared Folder". I want it to mount as an NTFS volume. I even tried reformatting it inside parallels, and that fails.

I am also running NTFS-3G (ver. 0.9.7) and MacFUSE (ver. 2.0.3). Thus both volumes mount in BOOTCAMP and on the Mac desktop.

Is there a more elegant way to get parallels to recognize disk0s3 instead of mounting it as a Shared Folder? Seems to me that if it works in BOOTCAMP, it should work in Parallels.
 

Attachments

  • Diskutil capture.jpg
    Diskutil capture.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top