My install is a dog - quick fix tips?

dazman

Bit poster
Hi,

My original Xp install on my Macbook pro is from version 3, when my mac was running tiger. Everything was nice and fast then.

I upgraded to leopard and XP lost the ability to recover from resume - a major pain and it ran like a dog

I upgraded to V4 of Parallels and it still ran like a dog but, but could recover from resume so I plodded on

Now I installed the latest Parallels update and I can no longer recover from resume - need to reset the VM. It also runs like a dog with 500 MB free of memory (I have 2GB but close all Mac apps down)

Any tips on quickest way to a decent user experience - should I zap the VM file and start from scratch? I only use XP for MS Money, Live Messenger and a few fitness apps so any tips for a quick minimal XP config (minimal services) are also appreciated
 
Back
Top