My Keyboard and track pad not responding with parallel 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by decojunk, Apr 28, 2008.

1. decojunk

decojunk Bit poster

hi guys

i installed parallel 3.0 and used my bootcamp partition as virtual machine.
    my xp boots up fine and shows me the user to login.. but the problem is i can't get my macbook keyboard and track pad work inside the parallel.. when i click inside it disappears.. and i can' click anything..........

any help would be appreciated !!!!

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

I always use external keyboards and mice
    (never tried bootcamp)

Hugh W

3. Zippy

Zippy Member

I've just opened a ticket to this effect with Support
    I have 2 VMs - one from VPC 7 that works and one from VMWare Fusion that has the trackpad/keyboard problem
    We'll see wht happens!

4. BigBubba65

BigBubba65 Bit poster

any update from support on this? I'm seeing the same problem and the only way around i've found is to give the VM dedicated access to the keyboard USB device. Only problem with that is I can't get back to anything outside the VM until I shut the VM down and it releases the keyboard back to OS X.

5. Sly Raskal

Sly Raskal Bit poster

@decojunk - I had the same exact problem you did and I did the same type of install with parallels pointing to my existing boot camp XP installation and it make my windows installation unresponsive to my MBP keyboard/trackpad as well as my external keyboard and mouse.

To make matters worse, it did something to my boot camp partition and my keyboard and mouse were no longer working when I booted directly into my XP installation via Boot Camp!!!

I couldn't get it to work, so I did a repair install on XP and was able to get back into windows, but now the XP installation is really messed up and I'm going to have to perform a clean install of windows. :(

let me know what you find, and if I find out anything I"ll let you know.

By the way, did you happen to see what build you installed and what version of OS X are you running? The version that shipped to me was a build in the 4XXX range, but of course online it states that parallels 3.0 users on leopard should use Build 5600. It'd be nice if the installation docs said that or that another type of notice popped up after I installed the software. I tried to run the check for updates function after I installed the software and that didnt' work either. That should have been my first clue that something was wrong. :(

I'm running:

MBP 2.4 Leopard 10.5.2
    160GB Hard Drive
    4GB RAM
    Boot Camp with XP Pro