My Ubuntu 18.04 VM is frozen in some sort of disk check

ThomasW43

Bit poster
When last I used the VM and then shut it down via its GUI, it eventually went into non-graphical mode and appeared to be doing some sort of disk check (see attached screen grab). Letting it 'do its thing', I assumed it would just be a matter of seconds before it shut down, so I went to my Mac's other Virtual Desktop screen to do some mac things. A couple hours later, I just closed the Mac for the night. Today, I needed to go back to my Ubuntu instance - only to still find it in the same state :-( I watched it for awhile and the numbers displayed aren't changing any, so it appears to be frozen. What to do? When I go to my Parallels Desktop console, the only thing it lets me do is pause it (moon shows after a few seconds) and unpause it - goes back to showing this frozen state.

Any help would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.53.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.53.01 PM.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top