My VM is on Bootcamp - perhaps I want to change that?

I originally installed my VM on bootcamp so I could boot up in windows. For some reason, I no longer can boot up in windows but I have no problem with Parallels Desktop v. 3 using my bootcamp VM. I am not sure I care that much to fix it, but I do think that I have inherited some disadvantages with this setup: for one, I can't make snapshots.

How would I go about moving my VM off my bootcamp partition? I am worried this is an advanced and perilous path.
 
It's not possible to make a snapshot of a Boot Camp based virtual machine.

If you would like to fix the issue with booting natively perform Windows repair as described here

To migrate Boot Camp Windows installation to a regular virtual machine you should use Parallels Transporter, here is the link to its user guide
 
Back
Top