My Windows 11 is no longer on the Insider programme

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Apple Silicon (M1) Mac' started by Mike Boreham, Aug 31, 2021.

1. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

I was in the Dev Channel and got Windows 11 updates. Then I used the script to move to the Beta channel. After Parallels 17 was released and advertised as being compatible with Windows 11, I used the script to leave the Insider Program. I then used the normal Windows settings to get back into the program and could only join the Release Preview Channel because Parallels 17 isn't actually compatible with Windows 11.
    I haven't updated to 22000.176 yet, but I expect to get the update.
    I'm pretty sure everyone who is already using Windows 11 will continue to get the cumulative 22000.xxx updates, but no more major (22xxx.xxx) updates.

2. Harry12

Harry12 Bit Poster

nur zur Info - bei mir läuft Win 11 noch unter Parallels 16,5,1, und wie gesagt, ganz ohne Insider Chanal

3. MichaelH63

MichaelH63 Kilo Poster

I don't think that makes a difference. As long as a Windows 11 Build 22000.xxx is installed it will get the cumulative updates. If the final release of Windows 11 keeps the build number, we might even get updates after that for a while.

4. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Bit Poster

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ncing-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22449/
    https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...g-windows-11-insider-preview-build-22000-176/

is anybody active in some windows insider forums where you can actually talk to MS people -- or even to the Amanda Langowski / Brandon LeBlanc. I really whished they would pave the way to us Windows fanboys on Mac hardware so we can purchase and continue using Windows for ARM. I think it would renerate could press for them and actually be a strategic step, as it communicates that windows is superior to macos as people really want it on mac. I have purchased a pro license of win 10 by the way.

5. Lutz-R.F

Lutz-R.F Bit Poster

did you get the email from Microsoft too?

[​IMG]
    Hi Windows Insider,

Some PCs in the Dev Channel do not have an option to switch channels as they were given an exception to install Windows 11 preview builds as outlined in our blog post here on June 24th (the red column in the chart). These PCs do not meet the minimum hardware requirements for previewing Windows 11 builds and will not receive new Windows 11 Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel going forward.

Based on our data, you have a PC that was given that exception. This PC must clean install back to Windows 10 with the media (ISOs) that we provide and can then join the Release Preview Channel to preview Windows 10 updates.

Please review the message in your Windows Update Settings to learn more.

MatthiasE5 likes this.
  6. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Kilo Poster

Yes exactly that.
    I am currently running 1000.22449.1000.0 after redoing the Dev channel with the script.

Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 19.09.30.png

MatthiasE5 likes this.
  7. Mike Boreham

Mike Boreham Kilo Poster

"rejoining" not "redoing"!
    Is there a way to edit after posting?....can't find it!

MatthiasE5 likes this.