Myspace IM crashing - anyone else?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by zebradreams07, Feb 21, 2008.

1. zebradreams07

zebradreams07 Bit poster

I've been having a major problem lately with Myspace IM crashing. When I first installed it I only used it once, and didn't have a problem. A few weeks later there was someone I wanted to talk to on it, so I ran it again. A little while later (don't ask me how long) it crashed completely. I was doing some normal task like typing or viewing someone's info. Program stopped responding, Windows end program did nothing (regardless of how many times I tried). Has happened every time I've ran Myspace IM since, usually several times a day. Usually half an hour or more into running it. Windows won't shut down or restart because the program isn't responding, and if I tell Parallels to suspend the VM or quit Parallels freezes up. The only way to get out is to use Mac force quit. Very irritating, especially as it usually loses the VM saved state, so I have to redo anything I've done since launching Windows. If anyone else has this problem or a suggestion, please tell me!

Note: while checking my build number I realized that for some reason, despite having downloaded the latest build, it never installed, so I will reinstall and remove this post if the problem goes away.

2. zebradreams07

zebradreams07 Bit poster

Update: after installing latest build Myspace IM crashes less frequently and I am able to quit Parallels properly, after which the End Program works. Would still like it to stop crashing.

3. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Zebradreams07,

Thank you for your report. Myspace IM has not been tested yet, as far as I know. I have delivered your request to our QA team.

Best regards,
    Xenos