Navigon Fresh does not detect SD card

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by alorenzen, Dec 6, 2009.

1. alorenzen

alorenzen Bit poster

Hello,

I made my internal SD drive of my new 21,5 iMac available by adding the folder in Devices/Shared Folder. The Folder is visible as drive X: in my virtual machine. The drive is accessible in explorer and I can move back and forward through this folder. Still Navigon Fresh will not detect it.
    I checked it with my old PC and it works as expected. I doesn't matter which SD drive I use and according to this which drive letter has been assigned.
    Any idea?

Thx in advance

Andreas

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi Andreas,

The problem seems in the SD card detection in Navigon Fresh software. I think that software require physical connection of SD card to the computer while Shared Folder it is just a networking share provideŠ² by our driver. You need connect this card using a USB connection.

Alexander

3. alorenzen

alorenzen Bit poster

Hi Alex,

thx for your quick response. You're right, it works if I use a USB connected Card Reader.
    As you know people using Mac intent to take advantage of the comfort. ;-)
    So would be great, if your developing team could think about to make the integrated SD drive of the new iMacs available as Card Reader to the virtual Machine and maybe on detection of inserted card ask to make it available either to Mac OS or virtual Machine.

Thx in advance

cheers

Andreas