Need assistance with moving Apps between VMs (or migration)

AngiV

Bit poster
I recently rolled Windows back to 7, as I had problems with 10. During the rollback, Windows crashed and couldn't recover. I haven't been able to do a System Recovery.

I installed a new copy of Windows 7 and the old one is still there as well. Is it possible to move my installed programs over to the new installation of Windows 7? Or can I migrate them? I can reinstall the programs if necessary but would prefer not to if at all possible.

Thank you
 
Hi AngiV,

You cannot move or migrate programs from one VM to another, you need to reinstall those applications on new VM. If you like to avoid these in future, please take a backup or take a snapshot.

Regards,
Ajith M.
 
Thank you, that's what I thought. I normally backup my VM before making any changes. Lesson learned. :)
 
Back
Top