Need help 2.5 - 3.0

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Imprint, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Imprint

Imprint Bit poster

Hey there, I just got a mac book pro and parallels last week, and everything was running fine.

I kept getting the nag messages that i had a free upgrade to 3.0, so I downloaded the update, and installed it, and following the advice in the support knowledge base I entered in my active 2.5 key (http://kb.parallels.com/entry/12/299/) to which I was told it is not active. I then got an email with a 15 day trial 3.0 key.

At the moment I haven't converted my VM to 3.0(warning screen when I load parallels) as I haven't entered the trail key.

My question is this.

is it possible to uninstall the 3.0 trial (upgrade) and reinstall 2.5 and just place my backed up VM into the parallels folder?

Will this get me back up and running until i receive a proper 3.0 key?

I'm a total mac newbie as I use this for work, so if anyone has any detailed steps I would be very very greatful.

Thanks

2. Levoy Hurley

Levoy Hurley Member

why don't you just fax the upgrade material to Parallels (Nova, actually) and be done with it? I also bought a new MB Pro and got the 2.5 version and was getting near the end of the 3.0 trial. I faxed the forms on Saturday and got my new code in my e-mail on Monday. Can't beat that. :D

3. Imprint

Imprint Bit poster

I submitted a tech support query with just that and got this response

as you can see not a great deal of help.

Why I would need to buy something that I keep getting a pop up for telling me is free, confuses me.

RE: my original query, is my train of thought correct in reverting to 2.5

4. Levoy Hurley

Levoy Hurley Member