Need Help Uninstalling

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KarenH, Aug 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. KarenH

KarenH Bit poster

Hi, I followed the parallels instructions for uninstalling Parallels Desktop from my MBP several weeks ago. Exception is that I don't think that I shut down the virtual machine first, as the software was continually crashing. The uninstall does not appear to have worked completely, as I am still seeing Windows programs showing up under "Open With" and I also have a situation where if I am trying to open a OneNote notebook from either the browser or MSFT Teams, the ONLY option that comes up is to launch it in the Windows version of OneNote. The OneNote issue is very problematic as I cannot find a workaround at all. Screen captures below. Thoughts? Thank you!
    Trying to open an XLSX or CSV:
    upload_2021-8-7_8-51-10.png

Trying to open OneNote from the browser or MSFT Teams:
    upload_2021-8-7_8-52-40.png

2. KarenH

KarenH Bit poster

Hi, if anyone is able to shed light on this, I would hugely appreciate it. I've found other file types that have a similar problem. Until I get PD completely off my machine (which I don't know how to do -- the uninstall instructions let things hanging) I can't launch these files at all.