I have a Mac with OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and Parallel desktop 7 (running with Windows 7).
I want to keep my virtual machine and I don't want to update to higher Windows, as the
software I am running only works with Windows 7.
However, I want to update the Mac to OS X 10.10 (El Capitain).
I read that before doing to I need to update the Paralle Desktop software. But this doesn't seem
possible. The 7 version is too old to update, but even buying a new 11 version is not working,
as it wants OS X10.9 (Maverik) to even perform an install.
But I cannot update the OS before updating Desktop (they
say that I loose the machine when I do so).
So, this is the dilemma hen/egg.
Anybody can give me an advice how this could be done? Pass by an older version?
But where to get this? And would the 11 version still be ok with Windows 7?
Thanks for any help
I want to keep my virtual machine and I don't want to update to higher Windows, as the
software I am running only works with Windows 7.
However, I want to update the Mac to OS X 10.10 (El Capitain).
I read that before doing to I need to update the Paralle Desktop software. But this doesn't seem
possible. The 7 version is too old to update, but even buying a new 11 version is not working,
as it wants OS X10.9 (Maverik) to even perform an install.
But I cannot update the OS before updating Desktop (they
say that I loose the machine when I do so).
So, this is the dilemma hen/egg.
Anybody can give me an advice how this could be done? Pass by an older version?
But where to get this? And would the 11 version still be ok with Windows 7?
Thanks for any help