Need simultanious internet connections, Win7 (using Parallels)/ OS X

DaveO

Bit poster
Hoping some Parallels guru can help me find an answer. I need this set-up for
work and would save me having to buy a cheap Windows 7 machine to run
my software.

Set-up:

Imac (Quad Core)
Windows 7 (running Parallels, not bootcamp)

2 internet connections both DSL, access points: wireless and direct connect (ethernet)

Goal:

Have OS X use one internet access point and Windows 7 running under Parallels use another. It
doesn't matter which access point is utilized bywhich OS. I am hoping Parallels has a setting to set-up
the internet gateway. As of now I could find anything on this.
 
You could try next:

After this steps the next goal should be achived: Ethernet cabled connection will be given to VM and Mac will use Airport.

Go to the System Preferences -> Network, choose Ethernet connection and change "Configure IPv4" to "Manually". Setup IP=169.254.0.254, Mask = 255.255.255.192. Make Router, DNS Server, Search Domains be empty.

In the VM-configuration choose "Bridged" mode to the Ethernet adapter.

This should make the trick
 
Back
Top