Need to move license for parallels desktop 10 to new mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ppobozy, Aug 7, 2017.

1. ICS1

ICS1 Bit poster

Hello. I have an old mac mini that I am migrating to a slightly less old mac mini. Parallels 10 is activated on the current mini. Is there a way for me to move my data and also allow Parallels to activate on the newer machine? Thanks.

2. SaravananR@Parallels

SaravananR@Parallels Member

Hi ICS1, thank you for reaching out! Kindly follow the steps in the article to move your Parallels Desktop license key to a new Mac.
    Please download Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac from the link and install it by referring to the article.
    If you wish to transfer your existing virtual machine to the new Mac, please refer to the article.

Thanks, Saravanan.

3. ICS1

ICS1 Bit poster

Hi Saravanan,

I looked through the KB articles, and the problem I'm running into is that the Accounts dropdown in the upper-right of the screenshot isn't there for me. I also have several active PD10 installs running on machines, so re-entering activation keys just to see which one is the right one isn't really an option. Is there a way to tell which key this particular machine has? I could then put that in on the newer Mac and have it force the other copy to deactivate, if I'm reading things correctly.
    Thanks

4. Hi, we've made necessary changes and changed your Parallels Desktop 10 keys' settings. Please try to move it to new Mac and let us know how does it work.

5. NeilN2

NeilN2 Bit poster

Please remove my existing Mac license key so that I can active Parallels Desktop 10 on my new laptop. When I try to activate on my new mac it says:
    "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please upgrade to a new product license". I can't afford to upgrade at this time, please remove the existing license key so that I can move my work to the new mac to do my work, make some money and upgrade.

6. Hi, your key has been reset, please try to activate it.

NeilN2 likes this.
  7. NeilN2

NeilN2 Bit poster

Thanks, it worked, after I use the terminal to activate with this line:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  8. DickW

DickW Bit poster

Please reset my PD10 (Mac) license key so that I can move PD10 to a new Mac. Thanks!

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have reset the activation key. Please follow the instructions below:
    1. Quit Parallels Desktop, then try to activate after launching it again.
    2. If you are still unable to activate, Open Terminal on the Mac and execute this command: prlsrvctl activate-license-online

Note: Parallels Desktop 10 is not compatible with Sierra or newer macOS X versions.

10. DickW

DickW Bit poster

Thanks, that worked (using Terminal). Much appreciated.
    I know all functions of PD10 for Mac are not compatible with Sierra/High Sierra, but I find it works fine for me on High Sierra 10.13.6.
    Thanks again!

11. JohnB72

JohnB72 Bit poster

Hello, I have changed computers and my Parallels Desktop 10 does not work on my new one. I've tried the command: "prlsrvctl activate-license-online" in terminal, but it still doesn't work. I don't know how to deactivate it on my old computer either. Please advise, thanks!

12. Hello, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 10 license key, please check the issue.

13. JohnB72

JohnB72 Bit poster

Hi, I quit Parallels and restarted. It's still saying I've reached my activation limit. When I put my license # in it says "unable to confirm" (see attached screen shot).

Thanks

Attached Files:

14. Did you try the Terminal command as mentioned above?
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online

JohnB72 likes this.
  15. JohnB72

JohnB72 Bit poster

Thank you! That worked!

16. KaranveerA

KaranveerA Bit poster

Hi

I have reinstalled my Mac, please disable the currently active key for PD version 10 on the backend. I want to use it on the new mac.

Thank you

17. Hello, we've made some changes, please check the issue

18. ariasalvaro

ariasalvaro Bit poster

Hello dear Support:

I have a Parallels 10 which was installed in a MacBook Air. Such laptop was reimaged, then no access to move or change in any way the license. Now, I need to install such license in another MacBook and then apply a license upgrade that a friend bought some days ago and I will use it, not him. However, I can't activate Parallels 10 because it says that license is already in use. Can you help me please?

19. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are unable to find Parallels Desktop 10 purchased or registered with this email address. We request you to reply to this post from the account in which the key is registered so we can reset the key.

20. ariasalvaro

ariasalvaro Bit poster

Dear Support,

I've updated my profile to use the former email address that could have been used for the registered account. Thank you for your attention to this request.