drjasonclark
Bit poster
I've just migrated from a Macbook Pro with a large hard drive to a Macbook Air, and much smaller hard drive.
My Windows XP .hdd virtual machine was set to 29.55GB. On my macbook air, that means I have no space left on my hard drive. Within the .hdd file, windows XP and my files only take up about 8GB of space.
So I need to reduce the size of the .HDD file.
I am not running smart guard, have no snapshots, and have run the compressor, and defrag my C drive in windows etc.
None of these things reduce the size of the .hdd file.
I can see how parallels tools lets you increase the size of your virtual machine, but I need to reduce it. Is there any way to do this, or am I stuck with the drive set to this size?
Tnx, Jason
My Windows XP .hdd virtual machine was set to 29.55GB. On my macbook air, that means I have no space left on my hard drive. Within the .hdd file, windows XP and my files only take up about 8GB of space.
So I need to reduce the size of the .HDD file.
I am not running smart guard, have no snapshots, and have run the compressor, and defrag my C drive in windows etc.
None of these things reduce the size of the .hdd file.
I can see how parallels tools lets you increase the size of your virtual machine, but I need to reduce it. Is there any way to do this, or am I stuck with the drive set to this size?
Tnx, Jason