Netflix Fails to play Video

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Amirl, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Amirl

Amirl Bit poster

I installed Parallels 4.0. Netflix watch it now starts. However, the video is BLACK, but I do hear sound. If I change the Video driver to VGA, the video plays no problem. HOWEVER, the screen resolution and sizing features are lost. Is this a known problem? Does anyone have this issue? Any idea's on how to solve this?

2. movielad

movielad Member

Which operating system is this? Vista? If so, I experience black video whenever I play DRM protected Windows Media Video through Vista on my Macbook. Non-DRM video plays just fine.

3. Amirl

Amirl Bit poster

Yes, its Vista. And Yes I get a black screen. However, if I change the Video Driver to VGA it does work. But then my screen resolution is messed up.

4. movielad

movielad Member

Which makes me think there is some bad interactivity between Parallel's video driver and Vista's DRM subsystem. I don't know whether you have Windows XP on your system as well - but I'm willing to bet it would work because I'm able to view DRM files just fine with XP and Parallels 4.

5. biglar

biglar Pro

I get this experience in the Coherence mode but not in Windowed or full screen mode. I am using Windows XP and this has been reported as a bug. Not sure if it's exactly the same problem.