Network issues in P7 running Windows7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by hmolen, Sep 29, 2011.

1. hmolen

hmolen Member

Hi,

I am running Lion and Parallels 7, all is up-to-date, no updates pending.
    I have a problem with Networking inside P7 running W7.
    When I use outlook2010 inside W7 sometimes, with no apparent reason, networking stops and I am unable to read/send emails anymore.
    I see no issues with networking but I have to restart outlook2010 to be able to send/receive emails again.
    Even worse, when I change networks (wired --> wireless --> back) sometimes P7 just HANGS......
    When I try to reboot W7 it hangs forever (waited 2 hours) at "logging off" (W7 screen).
    Then I have to force a reboot (stop the VM manually) and I don't like that too much.

After the reboot all is back to normal....

Is this a known issue ?
    I have installed all from scratch (even Lion), so I started with a clean system, no upgrade from P6 (as I like it that way).
    Hope you can help ?
    Anyone ?
    Hans.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. jerudamaja

jerudamaja Bit poster

I have had the same issue for about a month now, complete rebuild of Lion and Windows. The network connection just randomly stops working.

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Please send a problem report (menu Help -> Report a Problem) and post here the report number next time when you meet the issue

4. jerudamaja

jerudamaja Bit poster

Sorry it took so long but I have had 4 of these happen today in less than 3 hours.

**Edit**

Occurrences by day.

Monday: Once
    Tuesday: Once
    Wednesday: Three times
    Thursday: 8 times so far today

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  5. jerudamaja

jerudamaja Bit poster

And once so far today.