Hi,
I have Windows 7 RC running as a virtual machine in Snow Leopard. On Windows, I have a webserver (for development) which needs to access the Internet for external resources and I want to test and access the server from my Mac.
This seems to work when I am connected to my LAN (via the Mac's airport). I guess this works because both the physical and the virtual machines are on the same subnet 10.0.1.0. Both get an IP address via DHCP.
The problem is that I need it also to work when not connected to my home LAN (or when there is no network access at all, in that case minus the Internet access, of course).
Looking at the help topics for Bridged and Shared networking, neither seems to fit the bill for my requirements.
Thanks for your help in advance,
JakobF.
I have Windows 7 RC running as a virtual machine in Snow Leopard. On Windows, I have a webserver (for development) which needs to access the Internet for external resources and I want to test and access the server from my Mac.
This seems to work when I am connected to my LAN (via the Mac's airport). I guess this works because both the physical and the virtual machines are on the same subnet 10.0.1.0. Both get an IP address via DHCP.
The problem is that I need it also to work when not connected to my home LAN (or when there is no network access at all, in that case minus the Internet access, of course).
Looking at the help topics for Bridged and Shared networking, neither seems to fit the bill for my requirements.
Thanks for your help in advance,
JakobF.