New installation stalled on Step 4 of 4

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mom E, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Mom E

Mom E Bit poster

I have a new iMac (10.5.8) - 4 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive. I first installed Boot Camp (80GB partition with NTFS) with Win XP Home, and installed all the stuff I wanted on it - it was working great. I installed Norton Internet Security 2009, and updated Windows, etc. I have installed Parallels Build 4.0.3844 (bought the disk, but downloaded and used the latest version). I am not having any error messages. It's just been sitting at the same thing for probably 2 hours now. I'm not sure if I should break into it, or just let it run (I'm going to leave it a while more while I go out for a while, and also wait for answers). Right now it says:

Please wait while the virtual machine is being configured...
    Installing the latest version of Parallels Tools (Step 4 of 4)...

Any suggestions as to where to go from here?? I liked the way Boot Camp looked/worked - but I've paid for Parallels, and if it will work the way it's supposed to, it would be very helpful. I have just a couple of things I need Windows for, and not having to reboot to use them would be great....

2. Srinivasulu.V

Srinivasulu.V Hunter

Hello,

Regarding your issue please press ctrl+cmd+option+r keys on your key board.

Now you will be prompted to enter into manual mode. Please press OK and proceed.

3. Mom E

Mom E Bit poster

Over six hours now that it's been this way...

4. Mom E

Mom E Bit poster

Well finally a response - glad I waited!!! It opened into Windows and I found that it was waiting for Live Messenger to be closed. As soon as I did that, everything else continued on automatically. So far, it looks just fine.