[New Macbook] The previous activation key has not been accepted by the license server.

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by vincentlin25, Jul 28, 2023.

1. vincentlin25

vincentlin25 Bit poster

Hi there,
    I bought a new Macbook and wanted to switch my previous account to the new one. Therefore I signed out the account on my old Macbook and entered the activation key on my new tap, but it says "the previous activation key has not been accepted by the license server." Could you please help me fixed the issue?
    Thanks a lot.

2. Ashley Chumun

Ashley Chumun Staff Member

Greetings,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    After checking your account, it seems that you are trying to activate your Parallels Desktop 17 on a new laptop and when it asks for the previous activation key, you are entering your Parallels Desktop 14 key, Correct?
    If the above scenario is exactly your case, please try to do it again (we made some changes on our side) and let us know the results.
    Thank you!

3. RedL2

RedL2 Bit poster

Hi, I'm having the same issue. I purchased the new Parallels Desktop since April and I've not used it since because it keeps saying the key is not accepted even though I'm copying it from the email confirmation. I've deleted it off the old MacBook which I don't have anymore.

4. RedL2

RedL2 Bit poster

Hi Ashley,
    Are you able to check my account to let me know why the new key isn't working. I've already lost 4 months of usage.

Thank you

5. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Thank you for your feedback.
    We can see that your license key has been activated on a computer with macOS 13.3.1?
    Is this the current computer you wanted to activate Parallels Desktop?
    Thanks for letting us know if you require more assistance on this.