New Parallels update crashes windows when external webcam activated

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by NJRonbo, Mar 27, 2008.

1. jalyst

jalyst Hunter

tnx, will try,

hopefully pd4 will be out soon, fusion 2 is gong to be out soon and is a free upgrade.
    So far both products have their merits so i own both...

Cheers,
    -jed.

2. jalyst

jalyst Hunter

@specimen.....

not exotic problem at all, logitech usb webcams are very common in windows environments...
    It's good that this thread getting back on topic now, sorry everyone!

must sleep, night,

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Are common on real Windows PCs, not Intel Macs (we are talking about hardware not software), unless it's an Hackint0sh but those can't expect much love from Apple or Parallels.

4. jalyst

jalyst Hunter

there is nothing unique "hardware wise" in the mac mini compared to the laptop chipset it was based on. It is "for all intents and purposes" a PC..

5. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

...and because Parallels Desktop is supposed to be running on Intel Macs the hardware used is expected to be the one that comes with Intel Macs.

I didn't say it was unique, you're going on a tangent. What I implied was that the majority of Mac Intel users would use the built-in webcam, thus reducing the number of people with your problem thus reducing the motivation for Parallels to deal with it.

But like I said on m first post to this discussion, built-in webcams come with all intel macs except the Mac Mini.

6. jalyst

jalyst Hunter

I see your point but the issue with these USB webcams is to do with PD's virtual USB subsystem,

Not because its not a commonly used USB webcam on Mac hardware, that kinda doesn't make sense if you think about it...

Now let me go to sleep please! It's not early here! night..

7. Menace

Menace Bit poster

I ask for full support of

- Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000
    - and the new Minoru 3D

Thanks