codylee270
Bit poster
Hello everyone,
I just installed parallels today and I couldn't access the internet. So i took to the forums here and noticed pretty much everyone had the same problem. Most of the posts I've seen deal with wireless and airport, but I'm using a cable modem. I am extremely knowledgable in computers except when it comes to networking and IP addresses, etc. So I am clueless as what needs to be done between my iMac's networking settings and WinXp, my guest OS. I certainly hope someone can help since Parallels seems to be working great, but with no internet, and no easy way of getting software to and from my MacHD and the virtual HD, it's rather useless.
Please Help!
-----------------------------------
Umm... Yeah - I switched to host-only networking and now I've got internet. Good. Now, how do i get this thing to recognize My usb jump drive. I have it checkmarked in the drop down box when clicking on the USB icon in the lower right-hand corner of the parallels window, I think it tried to load it, but I still don't see it. Any suggestions?
I just installed parallels today and I couldn't access the internet. So i took to the forums here and noticed pretty much everyone had the same problem. Most of the posts I've seen deal with wireless and airport, but I'm using a cable modem. I am extremely knowledgable in computers except when it comes to networking and IP addresses, etc. So I am clueless as what needs to be done between my iMac's networking settings and WinXp, my guest OS. I certainly hope someone can help since Parallels seems to be working great, but with no internet, and no easy way of getting software to and from my MacHD and the virtual HD, it's rather useless.
Please Help!
-----------------------------------
Umm... Yeah - I switched to host-only networking and now I've got internet. Good. Now, how do i get this thing to recognize My usb jump drive. I have it checkmarked in the drop down box when clicking on the USB icon in the lower right-hand corner of the parallels window, I think it tried to load it, but I still don't see it. Any suggestions?
Last edited: