New to Parallels -- help!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by flipper, Dec 11, 2006.

1. flipper

flipper Bit poster

Actually I am thinking of getting it since the price is pretty good. Anyhow here is my issue. I am desperately trying to setup a domain network between two Virtual Machines. One is Server 2003 and the other is XP. Basically for now all I want to do is practice setting up a domain on Server 2003 and then join the domain in XP. Then practice group policy stuff.

Here is my dilemma. Been trying for the last 10 days using VM Ware 5.5 (30-day trial) to get this to work and all I have been getting are errors telling me IP addresses are wrong no matter what setting I use or network can't be found, etc....

I DO have a router if that makes a difference. D-link DI-824VUP

If I get Paralles, which most likely will, (A) is this easy to setup as I want? And (B) can someone tell me exactly what I need to do to get it working. Think of me as a dummy if you are able to tell me. To me it does not matter if I use a static address or a DHCP as long as this works. For example do I hard code which NIC, etc....

Thanks so much in advance. :)

2. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

This is probably your least important purchase criteria. You will run into the exact same problems setting up Parallels to do your task that you will with VMware. What you need to do to 'get it working' is read, post, and try. Nothing that you want to do is impossible - or even difficult - if you know how do to it.

There are other more appropriate forums on this site for you to post on. Select the forum that represents your particular host OS to get help specific to your needs. This forum's description states that it is for solutions that all users can implement, not for any particular problems. Please observe the forum descriptions and post accordingly. Thank you for your careful participation in Parallels forums!